Thursday, July 9, 2009

The People I Work With

Happy fourth of July! Alright, it's a little late for that. But still, hurray America! Happy birthday! On the fourth the other interns and I went out to a club in Pune where they played mostly westerner music. It was fun, there was a guest DJ who played mostly house stuff. I swear America's number one export at this point must be Usher. Over all, it was a lot of fun. I danced like I always do, but now I'm a foreigner and a minority, so I'm allowed to be embarrassing.

Tonight we went to a karaoke bar with my roommates (the other interns) and sung some Bon Jovi with a bunch of strangers. While most of the songs were now remixed with hilariously out of key Indian accents, there was one performer who put us all to shame. I swear, it was the most amazing rendition of 'What's Going On' I've ever heard, and I'm not just writing that because I'm kind of drunk at the moment. Who would have thought that this is what I would find in India.

Oh yeah, life is going swell here in Pune. The roads are a mess. In the states we complain about pot holes in the roads and rude drivers. In Pune, no one can drive above 50 km/h because of the conditions of the roads. Cutting people off is to be expected, and isn't even considered offensive. There are no rules while driving. On that note, I get my scooter tomorrow. Look out Pune! Beep beep!

Work is interesting. It's entirely computer science stuff. No electronics, resistors, or anything. Thank god. I needed a break from that stuff. Now it's all web pages and web servers. Hurray.

My fellow interns, in a I'm-still-drunk nut shell:


Bobby:
The other intern from Northeastern University. Pretty cool guy, a journalism major with a graphics design minor. He's designing brochures and iPhone stuff.
Mao: I forget where he's from. China? Singapore? Who knows. He rarely comes out with us, but is really nice to talk to. Very laid back.
Chung: He's on a strict diet/exercise plan. Most lunches he passes his food off to other people. His desk is only a couple feet from my own
Shah: Actually Sahyiid, but he goes by Shah. From Singapore. I think he graduated University already, and does some kind of buisness or Finance stuff for the company.
Jan: One of the Germans, along with Sebastian, Oleg, and Tarek. He also started recently, and sits next to me at work. Well, not actually next to me, as that guy I tried talking to once, as he's already an awkward computer nerd, and not speaking the language doesn't help this. I think that guy's name is Voodoo. I'll have to check on that one.
Sebastian: One of the giant Germans. One of the nicest people I've met here. He's been here a while, and knows his way around. He also seems to know half of the people that live here.
Oleg: The other giant German. He's been here the longest of all of us. He doesn't come out with us, as he has to stay around the office until late at night working on projects and his thesis. I swear I've only seen the guy twice in the past week. The hardest worker. Great guy.
Tarek: Always smiles. I swear. Doesn't matter if he's drunk or not, which is good, because that's fairly often.

And that's the nine Extentia interns. We're apparently getting a girl intern to join us later. This is very big news for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment