Friday, July 31, 2009

Just got back from celebrating my friends birthday at a bar. It is exactly a week and a day after my own birthday. At both parties I got drunk, and talked to a lot of strangers, and made a lot of friends, .but only at this party did I get on to one of the tables and start dancing a 'la the bar scene in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. I was super proud of this for exactly eight seconds, which is how long it took me to realize no one had watched the movie besides me.
This weekend we went out to Mahalbashwar and looked off some giant cliffs in the rain. I guess it's a pretty cool place to be at every time but monsoon season. We got up at 4, hit the road at 5, and got to this weird carnival on top of a plateau. It was even weirder because we got there before it opened, so we walked around, found a cave restaurant, and saw some tiny frogs. We also saw a ton of .wagons, but no horses. After a pretty lousy to forgettable lunch, we headed out to see a cow temple, and a temple cut out of a cliff face. The later was pretty cool, except the girls in our group weren't allowed to see it. Whoops.
Chung and Mao also left to go back to Singapore, which is, as far as I can tell, the most amazing country ever. They have a plan called In2015, where they plan on making the city in to a giant sci-fi channel original movie, complete with bad actors.

In their defense, they also have the worlds first night time city F1 race in September, which is pretty amazing, from the sounds of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment