Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Quick Post Before Diwali and Goa

So, now my resume can include not just web developer, iphone developer, and stock photo model, but director and actor as well. Yes, work has put me in the lead role of my own iPhone app reviews on Youtube. When they’re finished, I will be sure to include a link.

Happy Diwali everyone. Yes, it’s that time of the year again, so break out your diyas, put on your new kurta or sari, and celebrate the ‘other’ festival of lights. I will be spending my first Diwali in India in Goa. I’m looking forward to this. I need a vacation at this point. It’s been a long week, and it’s not even Friday yet. I actually head out tonight at 7PM, so I have to get out of work early in order to make it to the bus.

For those wondering, or perhaps for those keeping track, my luck hasn’t turned around yet. Last night I went out to dinner with my friend Emma from England. My bike is broken, as I mentioned in my earlier post, so I had to borrow Bobby’s bike.

“Don’t break it this time!” he joked as he handed over the keys. Half an hour later, I was pushing yet another bike down the road with yet another flat tire. I can now stop going to the gym; bike pushing is all the exercise I need.

Besides the bike breaking down, dinner turned out alright. I finally got someone to explain Cricket to me (to the best of her ability, I’m pretty dense when it comes to most sports more complicated than swimming back and forth a bunch of times). It was also a farewell dinner, as she was leaving for Delhi for a while. That’s how India works; the most common way to meet people here is through farewell dinners.

I also now am approved to wander around India aimlessly for the last month of my coop, which is great, and I plan on making as much use of this as I can. My roommates and I are planning on going through the deserts of Rajasthan (the next thing for me to ride will have to be a camel), up to Delhi, see Agra, train to Varanasi, and then I have a couple more days that I’m not sure about. Total travel time: two weeks. Unfortunately, I’m not sure/very doubtful that I’ll be able to see the Himalayas and Nepal this trip. This just means I’ll have to make a return some day.

I’ll be back on Tuesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment